Sunday, December 23, 2007

just lovely


The word "lovely" has somehow snuggled in and found a cozy spot in my daily vocabulary. So often we want to recount experiences with bright descriptive language to create a vivid picture for another's imagination. In a very contented way, the word lovely has become a simple expression of a sense of sweetness, whether it is about a person, an encounter or a moment in time.

I went away with my mom and sister a couple of weekends ago. We had a lovely time. It was a weekend of laughter, relaxation and appreciation. I could paint pictures here of extraordinary dinners and delicious conversations. But what keeps coming to my mind, as the most memorable moments are those where we are just enjoying each other's company and taking in the fullness of life.

Right now in my life, "lovely" is perfect. "Lovely" is all I want. It is all I am expecting and hoping for. And in turn, what the world is thankfully giving me.

No comments: