Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Stencils









I have taken to using stencils lately. I just paint through the spaces and magically, letters emerge. I am sure this says so much about where I am with things in my life. Trying to somehow understand the space that I have to work with. Knowing the boundaries that are set up by our society and those I put up for myself. There is a purpose for outlines and edges, they help us maintain our sense of control and sanity. We do, however, have the ability to create new spaces and play with the colors.

Lately, I have been in browns and reds. The seasons are changing and things are falling. When things fall, I can only assume that others rise. I am rising as a budding writer. I have to believe that. I am tripping and slipping, but I keep trying to find my footing in this new forest. The woods around me are dark. There is a different kind of air. I am breathing deeply and hoping that there is magic to be found there.

No comments: