Saturday, November 18, 2006

My first sonnet

I have been reading Edna St. Vincent Millay's work and decided to try my hand at a sonnet. Here it goes:

Sonnet I

Shall I begin a sonnet with a quest?
Will it become the rhyme I want?
With ups and downs do words form lyrics best?
If I sit penning ink’s creative font?
Will love’s sensation be revealed?
Read through the present passion I can build?
Or will it stay like a secret concealed?
Will time predict the empty pages filled?
The rooted faith inside me grows
Feet firmly planted in the ground
Rejoice! My first sonnet like water flows
With all the words that I have found
Softly I rest my head and go to bed
Happy and quite content with what I’ve read

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Congratulations on your sonnet!

I just took a look around your blog and there's lots of joy and inspiring stuff here. What a treat! I'm going to check out the "Live to the Point of Tears" book!

I'm glad you came to visit me at my blog, so I could come take a peek into your world :)