Friday, November 17, 2006

Somebody Loved


I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, and still somehow
It's loves illusions I recall
I really don't know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say I love you right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way
I woke up singing these words by Joni Mitchell. Sometimes I wish Joni were sitting next to me reciting her poetry and strumming her guitar. It is an odd feeling to know that there was a period of time when you would have fit in perfectly- and it was before you were born. I am not saying that I don't fit in now, but I often long to be with all the early folk singers and stay up all night and create.

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a lovely day filled with blessings and much love. It is a pretty amazing thing- to be loved. To know that you have a special place in people's hearts. I do a lot of loving myself, but yesterday, I tried to just take it in. As The Weepies say, to be somebody loved.

No comments: